28.1470, Calls: General Linguistics/Hungary

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 23 18:05:11 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1470. Thu Mar 23 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1470, Calls: General Linguistics/Hungary

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:05:03
From: Krisztina Szécsényi [kszecsenyi at gmail.com]
Subject: 2nd Budapest Linguistics Conference

Full Title: 2nd Budapest Linguistics Conference
Short Title: BLINC2

Date: 01-Jun-2017 - 03-Jun-2017
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact Person: Mark Newson
Meeting Email: mnewson1 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://seas3.elte.hu/blinc/blinc17/about.html

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2017

Meeting Description:

Following the success of the first Budapest Linguistics Conference in 2015, we
are pleased to announce BLINC 2, which will take place at Eötvös Loránd
University, Budapest  from 1 to 3 June 2017. The conference will be hosted by
the Department of English Linguistics in the School of English and American
Studies of ELTE.

Invited Speakers:

Michal Starke: TBA
Anikó Lipták: TBA

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite the submission of abstracts for talks (30 minutes) on any area of
theoretical or descriptive linguistics. We will be using EasyChair for the
submission process. For instructions on how to submit abstracts and relevant
links, please see the submissions page
(http://seas3.elte.hu/blinc/blinc17/submissions.html).

Registration:

There will be a conference fee which can be paid at the conference, but there
will be an early bird reduction for those who register on line by the
registration deadline. To register, please go to the registration page.

Important Dates:

Submission deadline: 31 March 2017
Notification of acceptance:  2 May 2017
Registration deadline:
Conference dates: 1-3 June

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/