28.1524, Calls: Applied Ling, Cog Sci, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 27 23:33:18 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1524. Mon Mar 27 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1524, Calls: Applied Ling, Cog Sci, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:33:11
From: Karen Miller [kxm80 at psu.edu]
Subject: Penn State Undergraduate Exposition in Hispanic and General Linguistics

Full Title: Penn State Undergraduate Exposition in Hispanic and General Linguistics
Short Title: PSUxLing

Date: 13-Oct-2017 - 13-Oct-2017
Location: University Park, PA, USA
Contact Person: Karen Miller
Meeting Email: kxm80 at psu.edu
Web Site: http://www.psuxling.com/home

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 15-Jul-2017

Meeting Description:

PSUxLing4 will be held on the campus of Penn State University on October 13,
2017. This conference is open to undergraduate linguists, who will have the
opportunity to present their research at a two-hour poster session, as well as
attend two keynote talks by leading researchers in our field. The 2017 keynote
speakers are Dr. Joan Bybee (University of New Mexico) and Jim Michnowicz
(North Carolina State University).

Call for Papers:

Participants are invited to submit abstracts in the following areas: applied
linguistics, sociolinguistics, language variation, theoretical linguistics,
psycholinguistics, and neurolinguistics. We invite participants to submit up
to one single-authored and one jointly-authored abstract for consideration.
First authors on all abstracts must be undergraduate students; however, second
and subsequent authors need not be undergraduate students, and are often
faculty or graduate students. Abstracts should be between 350 and 500 words
long, not including references, and should be submitted using the Abstract
Submission link on the PSUxLING4 website (http://www.psuxling.com/home).
Notification of acceptance will be sent out in mid-August.

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/