28.1573, Calls: Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Pragmatics, Semantics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 30 15:54:26 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1573. Thu Mar 30 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1573, Calls: Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Pragmatics, Semantics/Germany

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:54:20
From: Jana Neitsch [jana.neitsch at uni-konstanz.de]
Subject: Prosody and Meaning

Full Title: Prosody and Meaning
Short Title: PaM

Date: 04-Oct-2017 - 06-Oct-2017
Location: Konstanz, Germany
Contact Person: Irene Wolke
Meeting Email: irene.wolke at uni-konstanz.de
Web Site: http://typo.uni-konstanz.de/questionsInterfaces/index.php/prosody-meaning/

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition; Phonetics; Phonology; Pragmatics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2017

Meeting Description:

This workshop aims to bring together scholars from the fields of prosody and
pragmatics and the respective interface in order to better understand the
nature of the interface between these two fields. We especially encourage
submissions on prosody and pragmatics of canonical and non-canonical
questions. The workshop will be organized by the DFG research unit ''Questions
at the Interfaces'' in the Department of Linguistics, University of Konstanz.

Invited speakers:

Daniel Buering
Sonia Frota
Elsi Kaiser
Oliver Niebuhr
Joerg Peters
Petra Schulz

Information on the workshop will be regularly updated on the workshop
homepage:
http://typo.uni-konstanz.de/questionsInterfaces/index.php/prosody-meaning/

Program Committee:

Bettina Braun
Miriam Butt
Nicole Dehé
Regine Eckardt
Muna Schoenhuber
Tina Boegel
Gisela Grohne
Farhat Jabeen
Jana Neitsch
Talina Weber
Katharina Zahner

Call for Papers:

October 4-6, 2017, University of Konstanz (Germany)

This workshop aims to bring together scholars from the fields of prosody and
pragmatics and the respective interface in order to better understand the
nature of the interface between these two fields. We especially encourage
submissions on prosody and pragmatics of canonical and non-canonical
questions. The workshop will be organized by the DFG research unit ''Questions
at the Interfaces'' in the Department of Linguistics, University of Konstanz.

We invite abstract submissions for oral presentations and posters. Submissions
for work in progress are also welcome. Abstracts should be written in English
and not exceed one page of text (A4). References, examples and/or figures may
be included on a second page. Anonymous abstracts should be submitted via
EasyChair as a PDF document:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pam2017

While submitting, please indicate whether you prefer an oral or a poster
presentation.

We look forward to welcoming you in Konstanz!

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.