28.1583, Jobs: Japanese; General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Arizona

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 31 14:26:05 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1583. Fri Mar 31 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1583, Jobs:  Japanese; General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Arizona

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:25:59
From: Mariko Karatsu [karatsu at email.arizona.edu]
Subject: Japanese; General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Arizona, Arizona, USA

University or Organization: University of Arizona
Department: East Asian Studies
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Web Address: http://eas.arizona.edu/
Job Title: Visiting Assistant Professor, Japanese
Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Japanese (jpn)

The Department of East Asian Studies at the University of Arizona invites
applications for a one-year visiting assistant professor position in Japanese
linguistics. Teaching load will be six courses (3-3).

Primary responsibilities include teaching Japanese language classes at the
basic and advanced levels, several survey linguistics courses at the basic
level, and a seminar in the candidate’s area of specialization. The candidate
will also be supervising teaching assistants.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience
(including Japanese language and content courses) at the college level in the
US. Native/near native proficiency in Japanese and English is required.

A PhD in (Japanese) linguistics or related field is required by August 1,
2017. Applicants currently A.B.D. will be considered.

We value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences
and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving
complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate
these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and
expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies.
Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences,
we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women,
veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National
Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national
service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence
initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and
faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.

Web Address for Applications: http://uacareers.com/postings/17281
Contact Information:
	Hiring Committee Chair Mariko Karatsu
	Email: karatsu at email.arizona.edu

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/