28.2084, FYI: Call for Chapters

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu May 4 14:17:19 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2084. Thu May 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2084, FYI: Call for Chapters

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yue at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 10:16:52
From: Rod Case [rcase at unr.edu]
Subject: Call for Chapters

 Dear Colleague,

We are writing to invite you to submit a proposal (1,000-2,000 words) for a
chapter in our upcoming book titled, “Vocabulary Instruction and Learning in
the American Classroom: A Cognitive Linguistic Approach” by August 17, 2017.
A detailed overview of the theoretical background which informs this book is
attached.  Our book is due to be published with Peter Lange
(https//www.peterlang.com) in 2019.  This book will offer classroom-based
accounts of the successful instruction of academic language from a cognitive
linguistic perspective with an emphasis on teaching vocabulary in the K-12
English as a second language classroom.  The target audience will be teacher
educators in graduate TESOL programs which prepare in-service teachers.

Authors will be notified by October 2017 about the status of their proposals
and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by
August 2018.  Detailed guidelines for manuscript and proposal will be sent
upon request and under separate cover. All submitted chapters will be reviewed
on a double-blind basis.

Inquiries can be forwarded to:

Rod Case, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of TESOL
University of Nevada, Reno
College of Education/299
Reno, Nevada 89557
(775) 682 7851
rcase at unr.edu

Gwendolyn Williams, Ph.D.
Auburn University
College of Education
3084 Haley Center
Auburn, AL 36849
(334) 874-6775
gnw0015 at auburn.edu

Peter Cobin, Ph.D.
Washoe County School District
Reno, Nevada 89512
PCobin at washoeschool.net

Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to
this book.

                     Cognitive Science
                     Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.