28.2100, TOC: Stellenbosch Papers in Linguistics Plus 52 (2017)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu May 4 18:37:19 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2100. Thu May 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2100, TOC:  Stellenbosch Papers in Linguistics Plus 52 (2017)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 14:37:17
From: Kate Huddlestone [katevg at sun.ac.za]
Subject: Stellenbosch Papers in Linguistics Plus Vol. 52 (2017)

Publisher:	Department of General Linguistics, Stellenbosch University
			http://www.sun.ac.za/english/faculty/arts/linguistics/

Journal Title:  Stellenbosch Papers in Linguistics Plus
Volume Number:  52
Issue Number:
Issue Date:  2017

Subtitle:  SAMWOP-4 Special Issue

Main Text:

Stellenbosch Papers in Linguistics Plus is pleased to announce the publication
of its latest issue, a special issue dedicated to papers presented at SAMWOP-4
and guest edited by Prof. Ian Bekker from North-West University. We invite you
to examine the Table of Contents below and then visit our web site to review
articles and items of interest.

SAMWOP-4 Special Issue

Guest editor: Ian Bekker

http://spilplus.journals.ac.za/pub/issue/view/89

Table of Contents

INTRODUCTION

Editorial
Ian Bekker

ARTICLES

The subjective use of postural verb in Afrikaans (I): Evolution from
progressive to modal
Adri Breed

The subjective use of postural verbs in Afrikaans (II): A corpus analysis of
CPV en in Zefrikaans
Adri Breed

The perfective and the imperfective aspects in Xhosa
Stefan Savic

What the giant tells us about agreeing post-verbal subjects in Xhosa
Eva-Marie Bloom Ström

Resolving verbal reduplication paradoxes in Malawian Tonga
Winfred Mkochi

A perfect end: A study of syllable codas in South African Sign Language
Mikhaela D.K. Köhlo, Ian Siebörger & William G. Bennett

Distribution of conjunctive and disjunctive forms in Xitsonga
Seunghun J Lee & Crous Hlungwani

Hiatus resolution in Xitsonga
Alyssa Vratsanos & Maxwell Kadenge

                     Morphology
                     Phonology
                     Semantics
                     Syntax
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Afrikaans (afr)
                     South African Sign Language (sfs)
                     Tonga (tnz)
                     Tsonga (tso)
                     Xhosa (xho)

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/