28.2105, Fund Drive: Only $525.56 to Meet the Advisor's Challenge!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu May 4 19:49:31 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2105. Thu May 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2105, Fund Drive: Only  $525.56 to Meet the Advisor's Challenge!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 15:49:24
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear Subscribers,

We are almost there! We only need $525.56 more to reach our advisor's
challenge!

We really rely on your donations to keep providing you with a neutral platform
for freely available International Linguistics news. We believe in remaining
free for our users, but this means that we rely on the support of the
Linguistic Community around the world. Your contribution is really not just
for the LINGUIST List, it's for the greater picture! Today, more than ever, it
is important that scientific resources continue to exist and to circulate
freely in the world.

By donating this week, there's also a prize in it for you! For any amount
donated, your name is entered into our final draw, where you will get a chance
to win one of the books below, generously donated by some of our supporting
publishers (and for every extra $10, your name is entered an additional time):

1) Books 2 (Literacy) and 7 (Language Testing and Assessment) of the
Encyclopedia of Language and Education, 2nd Edition, published by Springer

2) The book of your choice from Multilingual Matters
(http://www.multilingual-matters.com) and a one year subscription to the
journal Anthropological Linguistics, published by the University of Nebraska
Press

Want to win a prize but don't have any money to give? Just share the word on
social media, by telling people why you appreciate the LINGUIST List with the
hashtag: #whyIlovetheLINGUISTlist! For every post you tag with this mention,
your name will be entered in a draw dor a chance to win this prize:

The Written Questionnaire in Social Dialectology, by Stefan Dollinger,
published by John Benjamins

Finally, until we reach 40,000, our challenges are still running! Donate to
support your team! Right now, Indiana University and Syntax are very close to
winning! Follow the challenges at the links below:

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/
http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/
http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/region/
http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/country/

Thanks for your support, and good luck to all!

--The LINGUIST List team

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.