28.2172, Challenge updates: We did it!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 9 17:11:33 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2172. Tue May 09 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2172, Challenge updates: We did it!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 13:11:11
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Challenge updates: We did it!

Dear Subscribers,

We did it!! We've met our Advisor's Challenge, with $40,102.55 donated
collectively by 805 of you!

Congratulations and thank you for helping us meet this Challenge! With the end
of the Advisor's challenge, also comes the closing of our Universities,
Subfields, Countries and Regions Challenges! We're now pleased to announce the
2017 LINGUIST List Fund Drive Champions:

University Challenge: Indiana University is the winner!
This was a VERY tight competition, so we'd like to express special
congratulations to the Univeristy of Washington, our 2016 Champions, for such
a close second place!
The Third place is held by Stanford University!

Subfield Challenge: For the second year in a row, the first place goes to
Syntax!
Runners up: Computational Linguistics and Sociolinguistics! Congratulations!

Region Challenge: North America is in first place, followed by Europe and
Asia!

Countries top 10:

After a long running tie, Germany and Canada have passed the UK!

United States of America (USA)
Germany
Canada
United Kingdom
Netherlands
Spain
Japan
France
Switzerland
Italy

Thank you to all for your participation in the Challenges, and Congratulations
to the winners! In addition you've all won our sincere gratitude.

There are still a few days left to donate before the end of the Fund Drive, so
if you would like to contribute to our cause, head over here:

Best,

--the LINGUIST List Crew

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.