28.2236, Calls: Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Pragmatics/United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 17 14:21:43 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2236. Wed May 17 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2236, Calls: Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Pragmatics/United Kingdom

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 10:21:37
From: Anouschka Foltz [anoube at gmail.com]
Subject: 3rd Workshop on Second Language Prosody

Full Title: 3rd Workshop on Second Language Prosody
Short Title: SLaP3

Date: 09-Nov-2017 - 10-Nov-2017
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Anouschka Foltz
Meeting Email: SLaP3 at bangor.ac.uk
Web Site: http://slap3.bangor.ac.uk/

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Phonetics; Phonology; Pragmatics

Call Deadline: 03-Jul-2017

Meeting Description:

Following the success of the 2016 workshop on Second Language Prosody (SLaP)
at the University of Graz, we are delighted to announce that the 3rd SLaP
workshop will take place in Bangor, on 9 and 10 November 2017. The 1.5-day
event aims to promote research into prosodic aspects of second language speech
learning, and is preceded by the half-day methods workshop Prosody Online:
Open source software in comprehension & production research.

The third workshop on Second Language Prosody aims to cover a range of
research concerned with prosody and bilingualism. We particularly welcome
papers addressing how prosody differs across languages; how such differences
are produced and perceived by speakers who have access to two (or more)
languages; and how prosody may be lost or broken down in conditions of
attrition. We also encourage papers concerned with identifying the factors
that promote or inhibit the occurrence of L1 and/or L2 influences on prosody.

Workshop organisers:

Anouschka Foltz
Sarah Cooper
Jen Lewendon

2nd Call for papers:

3rd Workshop on Second Language Prosody

Abstract submission guidelines: We invite the submission of proposals for
presentations and posters. Abstracts should be no more than 400 words. As
reviewing will be blind, the paper should not include the authors' names and
affiliations. Each abstract should be submitted as a PDF file. Please submit
your abstract through EasyAbs at: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/SLaP2017.
Abstract submission is open, and the submission deadline is 3rd July 2017.
Please note that there was a typo in the first call for papers, with a later
submission deadline. If you are having difficulties meeting the earlier
deadline or if you have any questions, please contact the conference
organisers at SLaP3 at bangor.ac.uk. For more information about the workshop,
please visit the workshop website http://slap3.bangor.ac.uk.

Important dates:
Submission deadline: 3 July 2017
Notification of acceptance: 31 July 2017
Pre-conference workshop: 9 November 2017 (09:00-12:00)
Main conference: 9 - 10 November 2017

On behalf of the organizing committee,

--Anouschka Foltz

          http://multitree.org/