28.2308, Calls: Psycholing/Netherlands

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 24 15:30:12 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2308. Wed May 24 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2308, Calls: Psycholing/Netherlands

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 11:29:36
From: Monique Flecken [monique.flecken at mpi.nl]
Subject: Event Representation in Brain, Language & Development

Full Title: Event Representation in Brain, Language & Development

Date: 27-Oct-2017 - 28-Oct-2017
Location: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Contact Person: Monique Flecken
Meeting Email: evrep at mpi.nl
Web Site: http://www.mpi.nl/events/evrep

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Jun-2017

Meeting Description:

This two-day workshop will bring together different perspectives on event
cognition, joining forces from the fields of (psycho-)linguistics and language
typology (including multimodal communication), neuroscience (perception,
action and memory) and developmental science. We aim to identify general
principles in event cognition shaped by our underlying neurobiological and
cognitive infrastructure, and the domains in which the human capacity for
language (taking into account cross-linguistic diversity and multimodality)
may influence event perception and understanding. The workshop will be
organized in thematic sessions, with invited lectures and discussions by
renowned scholars, plus a poster session.

Confirmed invited scholars:
Gerry Altmann (University of Connecticut)
Silvia Gennari (University of York)
Peter Hagoort (MPI & Donders)
Angeliek van Hout (University of Groningen)
Yuki Kamide (University of Dundee)
Anna Papafragou (University of Delaware)
Brent Strickland (ENS & Institut Jean Nicod)
Christiane von Stutterheim (Heidelberg University)
Jeffrey Zacks (Washington University, St. Louis)

Workshop dates: October 27-28, 2017
Location: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, The
Netherlands
Workshop organizers:
Monique Flecken (MPI)
Ercenur Ünal (Radboud & MPI)
Aslı Özyürek (Radboud & MPI)

Website: http://www.mpi.nl/events/evrep

We gratefully acknowledge funding by the MPI for Psycholinguistics and by the
Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) (VICI grant to Prof.
Özyürek).

Call for papers:

Event Representations in Brain, Language, and Development (EvRep), Oct. 27-28,
2017

Call for submissions:
We invite submissions of anonymous abstracts for paper or poster presentations
on recent work on one or more of the workshop themes. We also welcome
submissions for poster presentations on ongoing work or new project proposals.
Submissions should be in Word or PDF format, maximally 500 words (excluding
references), and sent to evrep at mpi.nl.

Abstract submission deadline: June 1, 2017
Notification of acceptance: July 15, 2017