28.2323, Qs: ESL Students Needed for a Summarization Study

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu May 25 15:38:26 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2323. Thu May 25 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2323, Qs: ESL Students Needed for a Summarization Study

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 11:38:17
From: Menglin Xia [mx223 at cam.ac.uk]
Subject: ESL Students Needed for a Summarization Study

I am a PhD student from the University of Cambridge working on automated
summarization assessment. We are looking for ESL students at intermediate
levels (from B1 to B2) to participate in a summarization study.

Read and Summarize:

All the students need to do is read three passages and summarize them. At the
end of this challenging task, they will receive immediate feedback on their
writing skills. Each participating student can also enter a prize draw to win
£50 (one prize per class of at least 15 students).

How to participate:

Please contact Menglin Xia at mx223 at cam.ac.uk if would like to get involved!
You can access the summarization tasks via the following link:
https://collect-summary.herokuapp.com/

Subject Language(s): English (eng)