28.2375, Summer Schools: ''How Do We Know?'' - Interactional Approaches to the Analysis of Epistemics in Social Interaction/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 30 14:51:27 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2375. Tue May 30 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2375, Summer Schools: ''How Do We Know?'' - Interactional Approaches to the Analysis of Epistemics in Social Interaction/Germany

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yue at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 10:51:06
From: Florence Oloff [florence.oloff at unibas.ch]

"How Do We Know?" - Interactional Approaches to the Analysis of Epistemics in Social Interaction/Germany

Host Institution: Universität Freiburg
Website: http://how-do-we-know.de

Dates: 04-Sep-2017 - 06-Sep-2017
Location: Freiburg i. Br., Germany

Focus: The aim of the Research School « How do we know? »  is to illustrate various dimensions of the constitution and handling of knowledge in social interaction and to give methodological training and tools for analysis. Furthermore, the participants will be given the opportunity to network and to present their research projects (poster session, data session).
Minimum Education Level: BA

The Research School "How do we know - interactional approaches to the analysis
of epistemics in social interaction" (German title "How do we know -
Gesprächsanalytische Methoden zur Analyse von Wissen in der Interaktion") will
take place from September 4-6, 2017 at the University of Freiburg i. Br.
(Germany). It is funded by the German Society for Applied Linguistics
(Gesellschaft für Angewandte Linguistik e.V.) and addresses Master students,
PhD candidates and post-docs interested in the analysis of epistemic dynamics
and negotiation in discourse and social interaction. Our keynote speaker are
Lucas Bietti (University of Neuchâtel), Lorenza Mondada (University of Basel)
and Simona Pekarek Doehler (University of Neuchâtel). The research school
languages are German and English. The deadline for registration is July 16,
2017. More information and access to the registration form can be found on the
website: how-do-we-know.de

                      Discourse Analysis
                      Pragmatics
                      Sociolinguistics

Tuition: 50 EUR

Registration: 22-May-2017 to 16-Jul-2017

Contact Person: Florence Oloff
                Email: mail at how-do-we-know.de

Apply on the web: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gq7VYxzuGKlv6CUzHu9VOrhr8vyj1VEJwhtvEh-kVkU/viewform?edit_requested=true

Registration Instructions:
Participants (Master students, PhD candidates or post-doctoral researchers)
are required to participate in the poster session on Monday 4 September. More
information on the registration can be found on the school website (section
"Anmeldung"). Although the keynote talks and workshops will be held in
English, participants should have at least some receptive knowledge of German.