28.2400, Calls: Lexicography, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 31 16:07:37 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2400. Wed May 31 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2400, Calls: Lexicography, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Poland

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 12:07:29
From: Marek Lazinski [M.Lazinski at uw.edu.pl]
Subject: Key Words

Full Title: Key Words

Date: 06-Nov-2017 - 07-Nov-2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact Person: Marek Łaziński
Meeting Email: M.Lazinski at uw.edu.pl
Web Site: http://www.slowanaczasie.uw.edu.pl

Linguistic Field(s): Lexicography; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)
                     German (deu)
                     Polish (pol)

Call Deadline: 10-Sep-2017

Meeting Description:

The Institute of German Studies and the Institute of Polish Language,
University of Warsaw and the Polish Language Foundation, invite you to the
conference ''Key words, which will be held on November 6-7, 2017 at the
University of Warsaw.

The conference is devoted to key words in the public discourse and to the
methods of their choosing. This theme brings together different methodologies
and different levels of analysis of language and discourse, including:

- Statistics linguistics
- Corpus linguistics and linguistic engineering
- Media studies
- Lexicology and lexicography

By combining different methods and experiences, we will try to describe the
key words of contemporary Polish. It is mainly based on the experience of the
project ''Words on time'' (slowanaczasie.uw.edu.pl) and the plebiscite ''The
word of the year''. We will look with interest at similar projects in other:
German, English and Slavic languages speaking countries.

Plenary Speakers:
Prof. Jerzy Bartmiński (University of Lublin)
Prof. Maciej Eder (Institute of Polish Language, Polish Academy of Science)

Conference languages: Polish, German and English.

Call for Papers:

Abstracts:
We invite you to submit your abstract by September 10, 2017 at:
sloworoku.polon at uw.edu.pl or M.Lazinski at uw.edu.pl
The abstract should include:
- Title
- 300 words of description
After the anonymous reviews we will inform you about the paper acceptance by
September 20, 2015.

The conference fee: 300 PLN / 75 EUR

Important dates:
- Application deadline: September 10, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: September 30, 2017
- Conference date: November 6-7, 2017

Organizing committee:
Waldemar Czachur, Marta Czyżewska (Institute of German Studies, UW), Magdalena
Derwojedowa, Dorota Kopcińska, Monika Kwiecień, Marek Łaziński (Institute of
Polish Languge, UW)