28.2405, Calls: Applied Ling, History of Ling, gen Ling, Socioling, Typology/France

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 31 16:09:48 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2405. Wed May 31 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2405, Calls: Applied Ling, History of Ling, gen Ling, Socioling, Typology/France

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 12:09:41
From: Aimée LAHAUSSOIS [aimee.lahaussois at linguist.univ-paris-diderot.fr]
Subject: Workshop on Questionnaires for Linguistic Description and Typology

Full Title: Workshop on Questionnaires for Linguistic Description and Typology

Date: 09-Nov-2017 - 10-Nov-2017
Location: Paris, France
Contact Person: Aimée Lahaussois
Meeting Email: aimee.lahaussois at linguist.univ-paris-diderot.fr

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; History of Linguistics; Sociolinguistics; Typology

Call Deadline: 23-Jun-2017

Meeting Description:

The CNRS Research Federation on Typology and Linguistic Universals (TUL) is
the sponsor for a collaborative research project on questionnaires for
linguistics.  For the purposes of the project, we take questionnaire as a
general term to cover any kind of stimulus (including word lists, visual
stimuli, as well as descriptive templates, field manuals and the like)
designed to elicit linguistic expressions. The main goals of the project are
to collect questionnaires used for language description and typology, to make
them available to interested researchers via a website, and to study them from
a historical and epistemological perspective.

We are organizing a workshop in Paris on November 9th and 10th 2017, during
which we will bring together users and designers of linguistic questionnaires
in order to delve further into the following questions:

What are the actual conditions and limitations of questionnaire use?
What types of questionnaires are currently being developed?
What changes can be detected over time in questionnaire-development
methodology?
What kinds of differences can be found in questionnaire development across
different linguistic areas?
What best practices can be established in questionnaire design?

We welcome case studies on the use and/or development of specific
questionnaires or types of questionnaires, as well as papers dealing with the
non-static nature of questionnaires and their re-adaptation for different
field situations.  Another question of interest is the relationship between
language description/documentation and linguistic typology as pertains to
questionnaires.

Invited speakers:
Birgit Hellwig, University of Cologne
Lila San Roque, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics

Scientific committee :
Natacha Chevrier (University of Lyon II)
Mena Lafkioui (CNRS, LLACAN)
Aimée Lahaussois (CNRS, HTL)
Sylvain Loiseau (University of Paris 13)
Stéphane Robert (CNRS, LLACAN)
Alice Vittrant (University of Aix-Marseille)
Sylvie Voisin (University of Aix-Marseille)
Marine Vuillermet (University of Lyon II)

2nd Call for Papers:

Important dates:
Submission deadline: 23rd June 2017
Notification of acceptance: 21st July 2017

Send abstracts (1 page maximum) to
aimee.lahaussois at linguist.univ-paris-diderot.fr in two versions: one
anonymized, and another including full name, institutional affiliation and
contact information.

Website for TULQuest project: http://tulquest.huma-num.fr/

          http://multitree.org/