28.4590, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Linguist, Mango Languages

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 2 20:42:09 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4590. Thu Nov 02 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4590, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Linguist, Mango Languages

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 16:41:56
From:  Green [anja.green at mangolanguages.com]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Linguist, Mango Languages, USA

University or Organization: Mango Languages
Department: Linguist
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://mangolanguages.com/index.html
Job Title: Linguist
Job Rank:

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition

If you believe that language learning makes the world a better place, congrats
— you’ve just found your tribe. We hear from our team that working at Mango is
the kind of job Linguists dream about. In this unique role, you’ll collaborate
with our team of experts to bring the Mango language-learning experience to
life. You’ll love working with our diverse group of linguists, lexicographers,
and product managers to imagine and build realistic, authentic, and fun
language learning tools for today’s modern learner.

We’re excited to bring on board an experienced Linguist who is passionate
about language and culture. This role will position you at the center of the
product development action: you’ll coordinate audio needs for all courses and
projects, lead content development efforts, and coordinate our course deploy
process. On any given day, you’ll work your left and right brain to oversee
the development of creative and high-quality courses, modify and splice audio,
coordinate the audio recording and proofing process, manage our teams of
course developers, and more. It’s all in a day’s work when you’re a Mango
Linguist — and we celebrate our hard work each and every week at our
office-wide Fiesta Fridays.

The perfect candidate has a proven track record in language learning and
content development, and experience working with multilingual audio files.
We’re also looking for someone with strong communication skills and a passion
for doing great work. If you’ve got a reputation as a proactive, adaptable,
and resourceful team player, you’ll fit right in.

Ready to devote your linguistic superpowers to enriching lives with language
and culture? We can’t wait to hear from you!

Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2017 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: anja.green at mangolanguages.com
Web Address for Applications: http://bit.ly/2lL1geK
Contact Information:
	Linguist Team Manager Anja Green