28.4645, FYI: New Linguistics PhD Program at Boston University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 6 20:41:21 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4645. Mon Nov 06 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4645, FYI: New Linguistics PhD Program at Boston University

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 15:41:12
From: Carol Neidle [carol at bu.edu]

We are delighted to announce the launch of a new PhD program in Linguistics at
Boston University.

We aim to equip all of our students with the skills they need to do
high-quality research in our rapidly changing field.  Our program has
particular strengths in the following areas:  experimental approaches to
phonetics and phonology; fieldwork and language documentation; language
acquisition and bilingualism in children and adults;  language variation and
change; morphology, syntax, and semantics.

All successful applicants are guaranteed five years of funding.  For admission
in Fall of 2018, the application deadline is January 5, 2018.

For further information, please see:  see
http://ling.bu.edu/grad/degrees/ling-phd .
For a printable flyer, see
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/UG/bu-lingphdflyer.pdf .

Questions may be addressed to linggrad at bu.edu (Director of Graduate Studies).