28.4713, Calls: General Linguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 9 16:04:47 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4713. Thu Nov 09 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4713, Calls: General Linguistics/Germany

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 11:04:27
From: Farhat Jabeen [farhat.jabeen at uni-konstanz.de]
Subject: 34th South Asian Language Analysis Rountable

 Full Title: 34th South Asian Language Analysis Rountable
Short Title: SALA-34

Date: 19-Jun-2018 - 21-Jun-2018
Location: University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
Contact Person: Farhat Jabeen
Meeting Email: farhat.jabeen at uni-konstanz.de
Web Site: https://typo.uni-konstanz.de/sala-34/

Call Deadline: 01-Dec-2017

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the 34th South Asian Language Analysis
Rountable (SALA-34) will be hosted by the Department of Lingustics, University
of Konstanz, Germany on 19-21 June 2018. This edition of SALA will include a
special session in memory of Alice Davison (organized by Anoop Mahajan) and be
flanked by a one-day session on the prosody of South Asian languages on June
18.

Invited speakers:

Gillian Ramchand (University of Tromsø, Norway)
Sameer-ud-Dowla Khan (Reed College, Portland)

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for individual presentations, posters as well as workshop
proposals till December 1, 2017. We welcome submissions concerning research on
South Asian languages pertaining to one or more of the following topics:

Phonetics and Phonology
Morphology and Syntax
Semantics and Pragmatics
Descriptive studies
Comparative and typological studies
Cognitive and psycholinguistic studies
Language contact
Sociolinguistics
Historical linguistics and language change
Philology
Translation studies
Computational linguistics
Corpus and quantitative linguistic studies
Language endangerment, preservation and documentation
Language learning, acquisition, and teaching
Language policies
Minority languages

*The submissions do not need to be limited to these topics.

All abstracts should be submitted in PDF format via EasyChair
(https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sala34). Abstracts should be no more
than one page of text, with an additional page for figures, examples, and
references. The abstract should be in 10pt or larger type and include a title.
Omit author name(s) and affiliation(s) (including in PDF document properties)
and avoid obvious self-reference.

Further information about the conference can be accessed here:
https://typo.uni-konstanz.de/sala-34/

Organizing committee:

Miriam Butt
Farhat Jabeen