28.4741, Jobs: English; German; Phonetics; Phonology: Phonetician, Lionbridge Technologies Inc.

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 9 19:17:08 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4741. Thu Nov 09 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4741, Jobs: English; German; Phonetics; Phonology: Phonetician, Lionbridge Technologies Inc.

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 14:17:04
From: Elena Pirttisalo [elena.pirttisalo at lionbridge.com]

University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Phoneticians: UK, Ireland, Canada English; German
Job Rank: Phonetician

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      German (deu)

Requirements:
- Phonetician/linguist, familiar with IPA/SAMPA/X-SAMPA notation
- Aware of the dialectal pronunciation differences within own locale
- Native language speaker of: English, UK; English, Ireland; English, Canada;
or German, Germany

Task: Phonetic transcription of words for a TTS lexicon

Duration: 3-5 weeks (approximate)

Preferred availability: 20-40h/week

Start date: November 2017.

Please send us your complete resume in English, including your availability
and hourly rate request to the application email below.

Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and
testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain
their technology applications and Web content globally.

We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language technology. If
you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2017

Email Address for Applications: jobs.gsmi at lionbridge.com
Contact Information:
	Resource coordinator Elena Pirttisalo