28.4760, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Spain

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 10 15:08:08 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4760. Fri Nov 10 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4760, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Spain

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:08:00
From: Antonio Lopes [alopes at ualg.pt]
Subject: 2nd International Conference on New Trends in Language Teaching

Full Title: 2nd International Conference on New Trends in Language Teaching
Short Title: NTLT 2.0

Date: 17-May-2018 - 18-May-2018
Location: Granada, Spain
Contact Person: Antonio Lopes
Meeting Email: newtrends at ugr.es
Web Site: http://petallproject.eu/petall/index.php/en/international-conferences/ii-international-conference

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 31-Jan-2018

Meeting Description:

We aim to promote a reflection on the latest developments in language teaching
and learning, in terms of both research and practice.

We are particularly interested topics such as:

- Integrating Content and Language
- Task development and implementation
- Uses of ICT in Language Teaching and Learning
- Innovation and creativity

Call for Papers:

Since one of our aims is to reach out to the teachers in primary and secondary
education, we are also inviting you to deliver practical workshops and/or
share your experience and examples of good practices with the other
participants.

Different types of presentations:

- 20-minute presentations (+10 minutes of Q&A)
- Posters (5-minute presentations)
- Workshops (60 minutes)
- Panels (60 minutes)

The working languages of the Conference are English and Spanish.

Please, send you your abstracts (300 words, max) along with your name and
affiliation to newtrends at ugr.es (an online form is to be made available
later).

Important dates:

Submission of proposals (deadline): 31 January, 2018
Notification of acceptance: 15 February, 2018
Registration for participants with papers (deadline): 30 March, 2018
Registration for participants without papers (deadline): 20 March, 2018

Registration Process:

In order to register in the conference, an online form is to be made available
soon.

Fees:

Professionals: € 180,00
Students: € 80,00
(4 coffee-breaks included)
Lunch voucher (upon request): € 6,00
(More information is to be provided in the registration form).

Please check for updated info on the conference website at