28.4828, Qs: Quick survey for anyone interested in studying Hindi

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 16 15:16:32 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4828. Thu Nov 16 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4828, Qs: Quick survey for anyone interested in studying Hindi

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 10:16:21
From: Laura Hammond [ljhammond at wisc.edu]

Planning a trip to India? Do you work with people from India? Are you curious
about learning Hindi script? Want to learn one of the second most spoken
languages in the world (490 million native speakers)?

If so, the University of Wisconsin-Madison is very interested in your input as
we create a short course for introductory Hindi.

Please fill out our 2 minute survey regarding our introductory Hindi course!

This course has been developed to give attendees a rudimentary knowledge of
Hindi and to be able to do the following:

-Have basic cultural and linguistic competence for travel to India
-Learn to read/write basic Devanagari
-Greet/meet friends in India (or greet Indian friends in the US)
-Have fun bartering at markets
-Understand basic directions so as not to get lost!

We promise this survey will only take two minutes:

https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3K7rLBfsDzy0Tyd

If you want more information, or want to be put on a mailing list for more
information about this program, please email Laura J. Hammond:
ljhammond at wisc.edu

We hope to hear from you soon!

Subject Language(s): Hindi (hin)