28.4853, Calls: Linguistics & Literature/Serbia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 17 23:27:48 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4853. Fri Nov 17 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4853, Calls: Linguistics & Literature/Serbia

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:27:35
From: Nikola Tatar [nikolatatar at gmail.com]
Subject: Language, Literature, Theory 2018

Full Title: Language, Literature, Theory 2018
Short Title: LLT 2018

Date: 27-Apr-2018 - 28-Apr-2018
Location: Niš, Serbia
Contact Person: Language, Literature, Theory 2018 LLT 2018
Meeting Email: jktr2018 at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature

Call Deadline: 25-Jan-2018

Meeting Description:

We focus our attention on theory, the term that can be regarded to subsume all
the topics discussed in the previous years as it is deeply intrinsic to all
domains of research. In that sense, both language and literature are
associated with theory. Language can be studied from different theoretical
perspectives; linguistic theories and hypotheses are tested in theoretical and
empirical research, validated or refuted, yet always aimed at accumulating
knowledge and generating new ideas about how language works. Furthermore,
literature and theory pursue the same goals: they both explore and make sense
of the complexities of our life and phenomena we barely or do not understand.
Literature faces the most difficult questions we can ask, and invites us to
reflect and re-examine the questions it addresses, suggesting its openness to
critical evaluation.

In this regard, the aim of the conference Language, Literature, Theory is to
reflect and examine the relation between theory, language and literature in an
open way. This means focusing on various topics, such as examining theoretical
approaches to linguistics and literary studies, studying the relation between
literary theory and criticism, empirical testing of theories, critical
evaluation of both theory and empirical research, meta-theoretical
considerations.

Call for Papers:

Language, Literature, Theory Conference

On behalf of the LLT Organising Committee, it is our pleasure to send you the
first Call for Papers containing information on the forthcoming
multidisciplinary Language, Literature, Theory conference, organized by the
Faculty of Philosophy in Niš, which will be held on 27 and 28 April, in 2018.

The aim of the conference Language, Literature, Theory is to reflect and
examine the relation between theory, language and literature in an open way.
This means focusing on various topics, such as examining theoretical
approaches to linguistics and literary studies, studying the relation between
literary theory and criticism, empirical testing of theories, critical
evaluation of both theory and empirical research, meta-theoretical
considerations.

Conference languages are English and Serbian, for 15-minute presentations
followed by 5 minute discussion time.

 If you would like to participate, please fill in the registration form at
https://www.filfak.ni.ac.rs/konferencije/item/851-jezik-knjizevnost-teorija
and submit it no later than January 25, 2018 to the following address:
jktr2018 at gmail.com

The submitted abstracts will be reviewed and assessed according to their
compatibility with the conference topic, academic merit, topic originality,
approach and research. Notification of acceptance will be sent by the end of
February 2018.  A selection of papers will be published after the conference
in a peer-reviewed two-volume Conference Proceedings.

Conference fee is 60 Euros (also payable in dinars), covering organisational
costs, conference folder, refreshments during coffee breaks, buffet lunch on
27 April, and snacks before the closing of the conference on 28th April, as
well as the costs of conference proceedings publication.

Conference fee in dinars is payable to the Faculty of Philosophy Niš payable
via bank transfer or in cash, immediately before the beginning of the
conference, at the registration desk. The participants are required to keep
the receipt of the conference fee payment and to have it on their persons in
order to present it at registration. For banking information, visit the
conference webpage or email the conference organizers.

Conference dinner party (10 Euros) on 27 April 2018 is optional.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Niš!

With best regards,
Language, Literature, Theory Conference Organising Committee