28.4890, Qs: Questionnaire: Language variation and change

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 21 20:23:32 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4890. Tue Nov 21 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4890, Qs: Questionnaire: Language variation and change

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 15:23:07
From: Hanna Bruns [s5habrun at uni-bonn.de]
Subject: Questionnaire: Language variation and change

We are a team of researchers from the University of Bonn, Germany, interested
in language variation and change, and we would be really grateful if you could
spent a few minutes of your time on this questionnaire to help us gain a
better understanding of communicative habits. The data gathered with the help
of this questionnaire will only be used in an anonymised form for the purpose
of linguistic research.

We want to have a look at different varieties of English and contrast these
with German. Specifically, we are looking for native speakers of

American English (age: early twenties, and 50+)
http://silc1-ame.questionpro.eu

British English (age: 50+)
http://silc1-uk.questionpro.eu

German (age: 50+)
http://silc1-ger.questionpro.eu

as well as Indian speakers of English (age: early twenties, and 50+)
http://silc1-ind.questionpro.eu

We would appreciate it if you could help us with these questionnaires, whether
you fill it out yourselves, or distribute it amongst others.

Thank you for your time!

                     Pragmatics
                     Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)