28.5034, Qs: Survey: Euphemism use in Online Dating

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 30 22:16:19 EST 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5034. Thu Nov 30 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5034, Qs: Survey: Euphemism use in Online Dating

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 22:16:07
From: Lidia Canu [lidicanu at uni-mainz.de]
Subject: Survey: Euphemism use in Online Dating

Dear all,

thank you for the kind help you've provided up to now, and I need just a
little bit more help for my study about Euphemism use in Online Dating.
The preliminary results are very interesting, therefore I'm eager to get more
answers and have a solid sample.

The survey is about the words ''curvy'', ''well-built'', ''fun'', and
''active'' and their use as euphemism in the context of Online Dating.
It is completely anonymous, and it will only take few minutes of your time to
complete.

The survey can be found at the following link:
https://surveyhero.com/c/1e52275 and I would be most grateful if you could
complete it.

Best Regards,

Dr Lidia Canu
Research Fellow in Sociolinguistics
Research Unit Historical Cultural Sciences
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis