28.4023, FYI: All-New SpecGram (October 2017) Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 2 14:49:55 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4023. Mon Oct 02 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4023, FYI: All-New SpecGram (October 2017) Online

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 10:49:45
From: Trey Jones [Trey at SpecGram.com]
Subject: All-New SpecGram (October 2017) Online

Greetings, Linguists!

The October 2017 issue of Speculative Grammarian—the premier scholarly journal
featuring research in the neglected field of satirical linguistics—is now
available online for your browsing pleasure.

http://specgram.com/CLXXIX.4/

The editors and publishers of Speculative Grammarian are pleased to announce
that another issue of our esteemed journal is now available. This issue offers
many excellent features, including a very special theory proposing that
ergativity is not absolute, a commentary on the controversy of the superfluity
of apostrophe’s, and a kinky academic investigation into academic
kinkiness—along with the usual collection of letters from our readers,
breaking news, limericks and other poetry, linguistic propaganda, puzzles,
advertisements, and more...

Enjoy!

—Trey Jones
Editor-in-Chief, Speculative Grammarian
http://SpecGram.com

P.S.: We’re always looking for new contributors! We’re seeking witty, erudite
papers in satirical linguistics that demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of
the field of linguistics as a whole, a subtle wit, and a refined sense of
written language. However, as those kinds of papers are pretty hard to come
by, we’re *accepting* papers that are moderately clever, can be edited into
some passable form, and don’t rely too heavily on bodily function humor. More
information is available at http://SpecGram.com/submit.html

          http://multitree.org/