28.4054, Jobs: Polish; Dutch; Swedish; Norwegian; Danish; Portuguese; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguist / Linguistic Project Manager, Lionbridge Tampere

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 3 15:41:12 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4054. Tue Oct 03 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4054, Jobs: Polish; Dutch; Swedish; Norwegian; Danish; Portuguese; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguist / Linguistic Project Manager, Lionbridge Tampere

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 11:41:09
From: Elena Pirttisalo [elena.pirttisalo at lionbridge.com]

University or Organization: Lionbridge Tampere
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Linguists and Linguistic Project Managers
Job Rank: Linguist; Manager

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology

Required Language(s): Danish (dan)
                      Dutch (nld)
                      Norwegian Bokmål (nob)
                      Polish (pol)
                      Portuguese (por)
                      Swedish (swe)

Join our multi-cultural team working on the cutting edge Machine Intelligence
projects! We are looking for linguists and linguistic project managers (PMs)
native in Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, or Portuguese

Requirements:
- Native-speaker level of Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, or
Portuguese
- Degree in Linguistics or Language-related fields with experience in
phonetics/phonology or speech
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts (for the PM role)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details (for the PM role)
- Possibility to work part-time (around 25-35 hours/week) on freelancer basis.

Tasks description:
- For PMs: coordinating work of 2 - 3 linguistic consultants, evaluating and
analyzing data quality before delivery
- For linguists: review of phonology inventory and phonotactic rules of given
language, phonemic transcription, evaluation of acoustic data and alike

Project schedule: starting in October 2017 and ongoing for 4-5 months.

Please send the application with the hourly rate request and your CV to the
application email below.

Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase
international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage
their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud
technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional
cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content
management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand
consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points
of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains
solution centers in 28 countries

Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2017

Email Address for Applications: jobs.tampere at lionbridge.com
Contact Information: