28.4063, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Assistant Professor, Wellesley College

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 3 20:39:52 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4063. Tue Oct 03 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4063, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Assistant Professor, Wellesley College

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 16:39:38
From: Marc Boutin [mboutin at wellesley.edu]
Subject: Cognitive Science: Assistant Professor, Wellesley College, Massachusetts, USA

 University or Organization: Wellesley College
Department: Cognitive & Linguistic Sciences
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: https://www.wellesley.edu/
Job Title: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Cognitive & Linguistic Sciences
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science

The Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences program at Wellesley College invites
applicants for a tenure-traack position at the rank of assistant professor in
sociolinguistics beginning September 2018. Our Cognitive and Linguistic
Sciences program is interdisciplinary with courses in linguistics, psychology,
philosophy and computer science. We seek a candidate whose research program is
in sociolinguistics and includes a cross-cultural component.

Candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to teaching at the
undergraduate level while maintaining a commitment to their research
specialty. Applicants should be able to teach sociolinguistics, general
linguistics and an upper level course in their area of specialization. The
successful candidate is also expected to provide training in qualitative and
quantitative methods of the discipline. We value and are dedicated to the goal
of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from
candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service
that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.

Wellesley College is a highly selective liberal arts college for women,
located 12 miles west of Boston. Qualifications for the position include a
Ph.D. in linguistics by the appointed start date of the position. Applicants
should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, and the
names/email addresses of three references through our online application
system.

Wellesley College complies with its internal policy on equal employment
opportunity and with state and federal law, which prohibit discrimination
against candidates for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age,
sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or membership in
uniformed armed services, or any other classes protected by law.

Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to
increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.
Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements
of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as
protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit
discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these
regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take
affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can
contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 03-Nov-2017

Web Address for Applications: http://career.wellesley.edu/postings/1853

Contact Information:
	HR Generalist Marc Boutin