28.4161, Jobs: English; German; General Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Annotator / Knowledge Engineer, YUKKA Lab AG

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 11 18:45:38 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4161. Wed Oct 11 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4161, Jobs: English; German; General Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Annotator / Knowledge Engineer, YUKKA Lab AG

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:45:30
From: Andreas Pusch [apu at yukkalab.de]
Subject: English; German; General Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Annotator / Knowledge Engineer, YUKKA Lab AG, Berlin, Germany

University or Organization: YUKKA Lab AG
Job Location: Berlin, Germany
Web Address: http://www.yukkalab.com
Job Title: Annotator/Knowledge Engineer
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      German (deu)

Yukka Lab AG is looking for an annotator/knowledge engineer to join our Data &
Resources Team.

Requirements:
- student or degree in linguistics, philology or translation
- good understanding of language analysis, e.g. part-of-speech, morphology,
syntax, semantics
- native fluency in German
- excellent English skills
- creativity and motivation to push product development
- technically-minded
- ability to research and collect information from a wide variety of resources
- interest in information extraction

Nice to have:
- experience with creating ontologies, knowledge bases
- knowledge of additional languages

Responsibilities:
- annotation of data with linguistic information
- development of language resources, such as lexica, gazetteers
- development of knowledge bases/ontologies

About YUKKA Lab AG:

We are a fast growing FinTech and hiring talented engineers with a broad
understanding of technology, visionary and creative thinking for thrilling
development tasks. We are unique in the sentiment analysis by screening
professional print and media content. Our Focus is the financial market but we
are enlarging our products for overall market Sentiment detection.

We understand the value of data. Our software analyses online and print news
and derives market sentiments. We analyze Sectors, Indexes and securities all
over the financial markets.

Email Address for Applications: kmk at yukkalab.com
Contact Information:
	Katarzyna Marszalek-Kowalewska