28.4260, Jobs: Russian; Computational Linguistics: Research Engineer, Nuance Communications

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 17 18:19:51 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4260. Tue Oct 17 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4260, Jobs: Russian; Computational Linguistics: Research Engineer, Nuance Communications

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 14:19:43
From: Ekaterina Kruchinina [ekaterina.kruchinina at nuance.com]
Subject: Russian; Computational Linguistics: Research Engineer, Nuance Communications, Aachen, Germany

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Department: Mobility
Job Location: Aachen, Germany (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Title: NLU Research Engineer/Scientist - Russian
Job Rank: Research Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Russian (rus)

R&D in natural language understanding (NLU). Assist in all aspects of
planning, developing and maintaining high-quality NLU systems for customers.
Job includes new feature development, accuracy improvement, project
maintenance, and language-targeted research for improvements.

Responsibilities:
- Development of the NLU pipeline for Russian
- Development of new features in NLU
- NLU accuracy improvements
- Responding to QA and customer reported issues
- Accuracy checking of annotations
- Contribute to team effort to improvement of entire NLU system

Required Skills:
- Native or near-native speaker of Russian
- Experience in NLP, especially natural language understanding
- Programming skills (especially scripting to support research experiments)

Preferred Skills:
- Machine learning
- Python
- Java
- knowledge of additional languages a plus

Education: Masters in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or related
field (or similar work experience)

Company Overview:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with
their connected devices and the digital world around them.  We are creating a
world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most
human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.

Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the
inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.

Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are
passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk
to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.

Application Deadline: 04-Nov-2017 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: ekaterina.kruchinina at nuance.com
Contact Information:
	Dr. Ekaterina Kruchinina
	Email: ekaterina.kruchinina at nuance.com