28.4291, Calls: Catalan-Valencian-Balear, Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Socioling/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 18 18:53:29 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4291. Wed Oct 18 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4291, Calls: Catalan-Valencian-Balear, Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Socioling/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 14:51:48
From: Gemma Repiso [grepisopu at ucla.edu]
Subject: Of Books and Roses: 2nd California Symposium on Catalan Studies

Full Title: Of Books and Roses: 2nd California Symposium on Catalan Studies
Short Title: CSCS

Date: 23-Apr-2018 - 24-Apr-2018
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Contact Person: Gemma Repiso
Meeting Email: grepisopu at ucla.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): Catalan-Valencian-Balear (cat)

Call Deadline: 31-Dec-2017

Meeting Description:

We are delighted to announce the second meeting of the California Symposium on
Catalan Studies, to take place at University of California, Los Angeles, on
April 23 and 24, 2018. Once again, we are inviting open submissions from all
scholars on all topic relating to the Catalan-speaking world.  We are
especially eager to see the work of new scholars in the field.

Although we are not able to provide for travel and lodging of participants, we
will assist you in locating lodging at university rates when possible.
Breakfast, lunch and an afternoon reception will be provided for both days of
the symposium.  There is no conference registration fee.

Call for Papers:

We are delighted to announce the second meeting of the California Symposium on
Catalan Studies, to take place at University of California, Los Angeles, on
April 23 and 24, 2018. Once again, we are inviting open submissions from all
scholars on all topic relating to the Catalan-speaking world.  We are
especially eager to see the work of new scholars in the field.

Please submit your abstract of approximately 250 words in length via e-mail to
grepisopu at ucla.edu and/or dagenais at ucla.edu no later than December, 31 . The
e-mail should include your name, institution affiliation, paper title, and
e-mail address. Paper presentations must not exceed 20 minutes and may be
presented in Catalan, English, or Spanish. Presenters will be notified of
acceptance 15 days after the submission deadline.

          http://multitree.org/