28.4412, Qs: Transcription of Spoken Arabic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 24 20:57:21 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4412. Tue Oct 24 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4412, Qs: Transcription of Spoken Arabic

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 16:57:15
From: Rahaf Farag [farag at uni-mainz.de]
Subject: Transcription of Spoken Arabic

To whom it may concern:

I am a doctoral student and research associate at the Department Translation
Studies, Cultural Studies and Linguistics at the University of Mainz in
Germersheim.

In my thesis I shall examine the methodological challenges of transcribing
spoken Arabic for discourse analytical purposes. In this respect, I am
searching for researchers or institutions who have dealt with this topic
before.

Do you know someone who has ever transcribed multilingual conversations with
Arabic-speaking interlocutors as well?

Many thanks in advance.
Sincerely
Rahaf Farag

Research Associate
Department Translation Studies, Cultural Studies and Linguistics
Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz
An der Hochschule 2
D-76726 Germersheim
Tel. +49 7274 508 35-541