28.4435, Confs: Applied Ling, Historical Ling, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation/Canada

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 26 03:36:49 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4435. Wed Oct 25 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4435, Confs: Applied Ling, Historical Ling, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation/Canada

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 23:36:42
From: Carlianney Ho [carlianney.ho at umontreal.ca]
Subject: VocUM 2017: Language and Globalization

VocUM 2017: Language and Globalization

Date: 23-Nov-2017 - 24-Nov-2017
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Contact: Gabrielle Pannetier Leboeuf
Contact Email: info at vocum.ca
Meeting URL: http://vocum.ca

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation

Meeting Description:

We are delighted to invite you to the fourth edition of VocUM, a
multidisciplinary conference on language, the theme of which will be “Language
and Globalization”. The event will take place over two full days on November
23 and 24, 2017, at the Carrefour des arts et des sciences of the Université
de Montréal (Québec, Canada).

During this event, graduate students and researchers from various universities
will present their findings in different fields related to language, such as
Linguistics, Translation Studies, Didactics and Literature, to name but a few.
A detailed preliminary version of the program is now available online.

We will have the honour of welcoming two guest speakers:

Michaël Oustinoff (Université Nice Sophia Antipolis) will present “Traduire et
communiquer à l’heure de la rebabélisation du monde”, on Thursday, November
23rd.

Marie-Laure Konan (Chambre de commerce du Montréal métropolitain) will present
“La valorisation du français : un projet collectif”, on Friday, November 24.

We would also like to invite you to join us for our closing cocktail
reception, which will be held on Friday, November 24, from 5PM to 8PM.

For more information and to subscribe (for the price of $15 until November 13,
$20 after), please visit our website (vocum.ca), our Facebook page
(facebook.com/ColloqueVocUM) or contact us at info at vocum.ca

We look forward to welcoming you at the fourth edition of the conference,

Best regards,

The organizing committee of VocUM

          http://multitree.org/