28.4444, Qs: General Survey on Sign Language Linguistics

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 26 16:19:21 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4444. Thu Oct 26 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4444, Qs: General Survey on Sign Language Linguistics

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 12:19:11
From: Kathleen Hall [kathleen.hall at ubc.ca]
Subject: General Survey on Sign Language Linguistics

The Linguistics Department at the University of British Columbia is interested
in developing our curriculum in the realm of sign languages. This would
include teaching some sign language-specific courses, but would also involve
incorporating more information and empirical examples from signed languages
into our other “core” linguistics curriculum.

To this end, we’re wondering (a) how other departments go about this and (b)
whether we can play some role in helping to promote sign language data in
curricula around the world.

We would be grateful if you could fill out the following survey about the role
of sign languages in your department. We are very much interested in including
departments in which little or no sign language material is currently being
deployed -- knowing the current state of affairs is of special importance!

https://survey.ubc.ca/surveys/kch/sign-language-linguistics-curriculum/

          http://multitree.org/