28.4466, Jobs: Mandarin; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics: Junior NLP Engineer, Lionbridge Technologies Inc.

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 26 17:16:26 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4466. Thu Oct 26 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4466, Jobs:  Mandarin; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics: Junior NLP Engineer, Lionbridge Technologies Inc.

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 13:16:23
From: Elena Pirttisalo [elena.pirttisalo at lionbridge.com]
Subject: Mandarin; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics: Junior NLP Engineer, Lionbridge Technologies Inc., Beijing, China

University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: Beijing, China
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Junior NLP Engineer (Chinese Mandarin)
Job Rank: Engineer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)

Join our multi-cultural team working on the cutting edge of Machine
Intelligence projects! At the moment we are looking for NLP Engineers native
in Chinese Mandarin for an interesting and challenging project which is aimed
at improving the quality of a personal assistant in Chinese. The tasks will
include but not limited to: solving specific technical problems encountered in
the product development cycle, including data analysis and feature analysis.

Requirements:
- Native language: Chinese Mandarin, intermediate English reading and writing
skill.
- Bachelor or higher degree, preferred background: NLP, machine learning,
human-computer interaction, software engineering, 1+ year of working
experience.
- Experience in NLP, machine learning or data statistics/analysis, fields
including but not limited to: text classification and clustering,
segmentation, named entity recognition (NER), sorting algorithm, etc.
- Intermediate coding skill, familiar with Java/C++/Python or any other
programing language.
- Responsible, good learning and communication skill.

Project schedule: starting in October-November 2017 and ongoing for 6-12
months

Project location: Beijing, China. Remote work is not possible.

Please send us your complete resume, including your availability and salary
wish to the application Email identified below. All the documents should be in
English

Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and
testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain
their technology applications and Web content globally.

We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language technology and
SW engineering, quality and delighting the customer. If you are interested in
joining our team, we would love to hear from you!

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2017

Email Address for Applications: jobs.gsmi at lionbridge.com
Contact Information:
	Resource coordinator Elena Pirttisalo