28.3606, Disc: Review of 'Language and Mathematics'

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 1 17:46:52 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3606. Fri Sep 01 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3606, Disc: Review of 'Language and Mathematics'

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 13:46:46
From: Timothy Mills [timills at ualberta.ca]
Subject: Review of 'Language and Mathematics'

Read Review: http://linguistlist.org/issues/28/28-3544.html

I am considering a course on mathematics in linguistics (for linguistics
students). The book reviewed in the post above seems to be a good overview,
covering several of the topics I had considered including in my course.

I would like to ask if anyone else out there teaches or has taught a course to
linguistics students that surveys mathematical concepts and techniques in
linguistics? Have you used this book in the course? Are there other books out
there that you prefer?

Or, if you are simply interested in the topic, are there other books of
mathematics accessible to and relevant to linguists that you would recommend?

                     History of Linguistics