28.3628, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 5 16:46:34 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3628. Tue Sep 05 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3628, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 12:46:31
From:  IXL Learning [jobs at ixl.com]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning, California, USA

University or Organization: IXL Learning
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.ixl.com/jobs
Job Title: Language Arts Curriculum Designer
Job Rank: Curriculum Designer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Are you ready to shape the future of educational technology? IXL Learning, a
leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is
seeking talented language arts experts and educators to join our team. As a
language arts curriculum designer at IXL, you will design engaging and
interactive language arts questions for grades K-12. Throughout the
development cycle, you'll collaborate with software engineers, visual
designers, and our team of writers and editors as you bring your designs to
life. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and
commitment to quality will drive the success of our language arts product.
Come join our mission to create the best educational technology possible!

This is a full-time position in our San Mateo office.

What you'll be doing:

- Use your highly trained brain to be a subject-matter expert for our language
arts curriculum
- Design fun, engaging, and interactive language arts questions that are
targeted to specific learning objectives
- Write and edit user-facing content and collaborate with our team of writers
and editors to ensure content is of the highest quality
- Develop and manage project plans
- Review product prototypes and make design recommendations
- Advise software engineers, visual designers, product designers, and company
leaders on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Work with the engineering team to determine how to algorithmically generate
language arts questions
- Brainstorm ideas for improving IXL’s existing language arts content
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and
international educational standards
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends

What we're looking for:

- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Education, English, Linguistics, or a
related field
- Demonstrated technical abilities - Knowledge of computer programming,
mobile, and web technologies is a plus
- English teaching, tutoring, or mentoring experience is required
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, including the ability
to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of age groups
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology and improving education through technology
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Broad range of personal and professional interests
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus

What to include in your application:

- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words, so that we can get to you know you better

About IXL:

IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission:
delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and
subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already
learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires
educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel
about learning and about themselves.

Web Address for Applications: http://bit.ly/2w3j1pe
Contact Information
	IXL Learning