28.3735, Calls: General Linguistics/UK

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 12 13:54:59 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3735. Tue Sep 12 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3735, Calls: General Linguistics/UK

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 09:54:52
From: Jane Middleton [hannah.middleton.11 at ucl.ac.uk]
Subject: Conference for the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe

Full Title: Conference for the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe
Short Title: ConSOLE 2018

Date: 14-Feb-2018 - 16-Feb-2018
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Jane Middleton
Meeting Email: console.ucl.2018 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://console2018.wordpress.com/

Call Deadline: 31-Oct-2017

Meeting Description:

The 26th edition of the Conference of the Student Organisation of Linguistics
in Europe will take place from the 14 to 16 of February 2018, hosted by UCL in
London.

ConSOLE is the Conference for the Student Organisation of Linguistics in
Europe, and is held annually for graduate students to present their research
to an international audience.

This year we are delighted to announce that UCL will be hosting the 26th
ConSOLE conference, which we are running with the theme of Experimental
Linguistics. Experimental work in linguistics is still very new in Europe, and
from our own experience graduate students are ever more interested in bringing
it into their own research. We have been very lucky to invite four
experimental linguists as our plenary speakers this year, so presenting
students will be able to benefit from both their theoretical and experimental
expertise at the conference. Presentations of non-experimental work, are of
course still warmly welcomed.

Invited Speakers

Jennifer Culbertson – University of Edinburgh
Matt Husband – University of Oxford
Linnaea Stockall – QMUL
Jamie White – UCL

Call for Papers:

Graduate students and advanced undergraduates are invited to submit abstracts
from all fields of linguistics for oral presentations (20 minutes plus 10
minutes for discussion) and poster presentations.

The deadline for abstract submissions is October 31 2017.

Notification of Acceptance: November 30 2017.

Abstract guidelines:

Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being
single-authored.
Submissions may not exceed one page including keywords, references, examples
and figures.
Abstracts, including data and references (the list of references may be
omitted if necessary), must not exceed one A4 pages in length, have 2.5 cm (1
inch) margins on all sides, and be set in Times New Roman with a 12pt font
(abstract template can be found here).
The submission must be anonymous and not reveal the identity of the author(s)
in any way.
Please indicate whether your abstract should be considered for oral
presentation, poster presentation, or for both.
Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair by October 31 2017
(we will make this available soon).

Conference proceedings:

Accepted authors will have the opportunity to submit to the proceedings of
ConSOLE. Information will be provided about this shortly after the conference.

          http://multitree.org/