28.3784, Qs: Looking for Co-authors for Montreal Project

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 14 16:00:00 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3784. Thu Sep 14 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3784, Qs: Looking for Co-authors for Montreal Project

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:59:54
From: Daniel Adler [adlerdaniel1026 at gmail.com]
Subject: Looking for Co-authors for Montreal Project

I am looking for someone to co-author a linguistic landscape project of mine
that deals with the role of English and non-French words/idioms on the
following, but not limited to: advertisements, pamphlets, menus, road signs
etc... in the city of Montreal. Also analyzed will be the positioning and font
sizes of these non-French expressions to their French counterparts as stated
in Bill 101 aka The Charter of the French Language. The purpose is to show how
these languages communicate to a predominantly Francophone population and see
whether these citizens embrace the diversity of the languages showcased, or
condemn it as an intrusion to their monolingual society and national identity.
If anyone is interested, send me your email address and I'll forward you the
project abstract.

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics