28.3801, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Online ESL Teacher, 51Talk

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 15 17:42:56 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3801. Fri Sep 15 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3801, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Online ESL Teacher, 51Talk

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 13:42:36
From: Mia Li [lixiaoming at 51talk.com]

University or Organization: 51Talk
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.51Talk.com
Job Title: Work at Home--Part-Time Online ESL teacher for K-12 Students
Job Rank: Teacher

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL

Looking for a fun and professional online teaching position with a stable
income? Look no further! At 51Talk, we believe that teaching should be as
enjoyable as it is rewarding, and by putting you in control of your own
virtual classroom, we bring this opportunity right into the comfort of your
own home.

We are looking for motivated, go-getter individuals with teaching experience
under their belts. As an independent contractor, you’ll teach Chinese children
under 12 using 51Talk’s platform and curriculum - no lesson planning required!

51Talk was founded in 2011, and since then has expanded globally. As the first
online Chinese education company to go public on the New York Stock Exchange,
51Talk continues to make headlines with its strategic partnerships across the
academic world, including: Highlights, Pearson, Cambridge University Press,
Oxford University Press, And the American International School of Utah.

Our founder Jack built 51Talk with an inspiring mission: love and empower
every child. 51Talk is looking for motivated, engaging teachers to give
Chinese children fun and fruitful learning experiences. Together, we will
forge a bright future for the next generation of young learners in China.

About the work:

- The classes: 45-minute full immersion English language group classes
- The pay: Base rate of $18 per 45-minute class, plus performance based
bonuses
- The curriculum: U.S. Common Core aligned lesson material, built from the
ground up by our in-house team
- The timing: Must be available to teach during our peak hours
- The place: Conveniently teach from your own home - no commute!
- The necessities: All you’ll need is a computer, a strong internet
connection, and a noise-cancelling headset - we provide the rest
- The benefits: You will receive ongoing professional development through our
teacher training courses.
- The culture: You will learn about Chinese culture through classroom
exchanges with our students.

Qualifications:

- BA degree or higher
- Experience teaching kids (minimum of 1 year)
- Experience in the U.S. or Canadian education systems
- Desire to engage and inspire young learners
- At least one teaching certificate: state certifications, TESOL, TEFL, etc.
(Preferred)
- ESL experience (Preferred)

Position Details:

- Contract type: Independent contractor
- Start date: Immediately
- Contract term: 1 year
- Payment details: Teachers are paid through their choice of PayPal or bank
transfer each month for the previous month’s work

Lesson times must be during our peak hours on:

Weekdays
EST: 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM
CST: 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM
MST: 4:00 AM - 8:00 AM
PST: 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Hawaii: 1:00 AM - 5:00 AM

Weekends
EST: 9:00 PM - 10:00 AM
CST: 8:00 PM - 9:00 AM
MST: 7:00 PM - 8:00 AM
PST: 6:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Hawaii: 4:00 PM - 5:00 AM

This is an excellent opportunity for teachers to earn a stable income while
positively impacting multiple students with each class.

Learn About Us From Our Teachers:
Teacher Kelly Carson: https://youtu.be/wyU6r-14K1g
Teacher Catherine Becka: https://youtu.be/TxO02zwL7Ks
Teacher Laura: https://youtu.be/2DLKykoLYnA

Check us Out on Social Media:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/51TalkHelloWorldAA/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/51Talkhelloworldaa
Twitter: www.twitter.com/51talkhwaa

How to Apply:
Please follow the link below to apply now.

Web Address for Applications: http://bit.ly/2x7UmDP
Contact Information:
	Teacher Sourcing Manager Mia Li
	Email: lixiaoming at 51talk.com