28.3834, Calls: Linguistic Theories, Phonetics, Phonology/France

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 19 16:46:15 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3834. Tue Sep 19 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3834, Calls: Linguistic Theories, Phonetics, Phonology/France

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:46:08
From: Laurence Voeltzel [elements.nantes2018 at gmail.com]
Subject: Elements

Full Title: Elements

Date: 14-Jun-2018 - 15-Jun-2018
Location: Nantes, France
Contact Person: Laurence Voeltzel
Meeting Email: elements.nantes2018 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://elementsnantes2018.wordpress.com

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories; Phonetics; Phonology

Call Deadline: 29-Jan-2018

Meeting Description:

The Laboratoire de Linguistique de Nantes (LLING UMR 6310 CNRS/Université de
Nantes) launches a conference dedicated to Element Theory in Nantes, 14-15
June 2018.

The aim of this event is to provide an overview and to open new perspectives
in this research program. In doing so, we would like to open discussions
regarding the phonological framework(s) that use(s) unary primes, with a
particular focus on:

- The relation with phonetics
- The head/dependent status
- The asymetries among primitives
- The possible operations
- The expansion or diminution of the elements set required to characterize
segments.

The above mentioned topics are open and we invite the participants to provide
thoughts and criticism about the general axis we propose. There are obviously
more questions that can be addressed regarding ET and we encourage any
contribution that falls within this scope.

This conference aims at bringing together linguists from various areas and is
not restricted to theoretical phonology. This is addressed to researchers that
wish to present new topics regarding ET, but also to those who are not
familiar with the most recent developments within Elements Theory and are
looking for an extensive overview.

We will have the pleasure to welcome the following invited speakers:

Phillip Backley (Tohoku Gakuin University)
Elan Dresher (University of Toronto)
Harry van der Hulst (University of Connecticut)
Markus Pöchtrager (University of Vienna)
Jean-Luc Schwartz (GIPSA Lab)

All important informations regarding the scientific committee, the submission
process and the detailed version of the call are available on our website :
elementsnantes2018.wordpress.com

Call for Papers:

Please see our website elementsnantes2018.wordpress.com for the detailed
version of the call (English and French).

The important dates are:

29 January 2018: deadline for submitting an abstract
9 April 2018: notification to authors
14-15 June 2018: Conference