29.1499, We've Just Passed the 30% Mark!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 6 17:26:29 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1499. Fri Apr 06 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1499, We've Just Passed the 30% Mark!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 13:19:03
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: We've Just Passed the 30% Mark!

 Dear LINGUIST List subscribers and supporters. Thanks to all of you, the
LINGUIST List has just surpassed 30% of our total fund drive goal. The
LINGUIST List is devoted to providing academic resources for linguists all
over the world. The large volume of data and submissions that we sort through
and distribute is handled by a small staff who rely on your support to keep
doing the work we do. Thanks very much for your help and support, from the LL
team!

Here's an update on the LL Fund Drive Challenges!

Subfields Challenge:
Syntax remains ahead with $1955.
Comuptation Linguistics is catching up with $1870.
Sociolinguistics hedges out Semantics--for the tim being!--with a total of
$1320.

University Challenge:
Standorf University still holds the lead with $1370 from 20 donors.
University of Washington has almost overtaken them! With a total of $1360 from
18 donors, it looks like University of Washington is not going to hand it to
Stanford this year.
Arizona State University is in third with $520 from 2 donors.
And hello there Indiana University, our host institution, coming in fourth place with $330 from 3 donors!

Region Challenge:
North America stays ahead with 128 donors.
Europe steadily picks up with 52 donors.
Asia comes in third with 12 donors.

Countries Challenge:
The US, which currently houses all three of the top universities in the above
challenge, is in first with 119 donors.
Germany is in second with 17 donors.
Austria and Canada are again tied with 9 donors each. Can Canada outpace
Austria?

Check out the full standings at funddrive.linguistlist.org to see how your
university or subfield is doing, and don't forget to donate to LL!

Thank you kindly--
the LL team