29.1554, Qs: Research Project : Comparison of French/English/Arabic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 10 22:09:38 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1554. Tue Apr 10 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1554, Qs:  Research Project : Comparison of French/English/Arabic

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 18:09:32
From: Océane Abrard [abrard.oceane at gmail.com]

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I am a student from the University of Toulouse Jean Jaurès in France and I am
taking a Master's degree in Linguistics, Cognition and Communication.

As part of my dissertation, I am conducting research that focuses on the
comparison of French, English and Arabic semantics. For this project, I am
being supervised by Dejan Stosic, a linguistics professor at the University of
Toulouse Jean Jaurès and a member of the CLLE-ERRS laboratory.

In order to collect the data needed for this project, I am conducting an
online survey which requires the participant to translate 16 sentences from
French into their first language and which takes about 15 to 20 minutes to
complete. I am looking for participants whose first language is Arabic or
English and who have sufficient understanding of the French language.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could take part in this survey. I also
believe that this survey could be a great translation exercise to give to
students learning French at an intermediate or advanced level.

Please bear in mind that the answers to the survey are anonymous, however you
can leave your details at the end of the survey if you would like to hear more
about our research and be kept up to date on our publications and conclusions.

Here is the link to the survey :
https://enquetes.univ-tlse2.fr/index.php/672141?lang=fr

I hope our research is of interest and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Océane Abrard
M1 LiCoCo
UT2J