29.1692, Fun Fact: Reviews Edition

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 20 01:19:38 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1692. Thu Apr 19 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1692, Fun Fact: Reviews Edition

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 21:19:22
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fun Fact: Reviews Edition

Hey everyone,

Kenneth here to provide you with another fun fact about the services that the
LINGUIST List provides. This time, I'm going to be talking about the Reviews
area of the website and listserv.

Since 2007, we have had over 3,000 books reviewed by members of the
Linguistics community. Over 200 were reviewed last year alone.

For reviews, we make connections between publishers and potential reviewers.
Our reviews editor, Clare Harshey, orchestrates the reviews process making
sure that reviewers get their materials and that the written reviews are
edited.

Our review editors Dr. Helen Aristar-Dry and Dr. Robert Coté work hard to
proofread and edit the reviews that are submitted. Both of these teams have a
monumental task.

If you appreciate the services that the LINGUIST List provides, including
reviews, please show your support with a donation on the LINGUIST List fund
drive page (funddrive.linguistlist.org).

We truly appreciate it!

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: