29.1761, Where does your university of subfield stand in the Fund Drive Challenges?

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 24 16:21:42 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1761. Tue Apr 24 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1761, Where does your university of subfield stand in the Fund Drive Challenges?

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:21:29
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Check out the Challenges Update to see where your University or Subfield
stands!

Hello Linguist and supporters. Here's the new standings for the top
participants in the Fund Drive challenges--check out
https://funddrive.linguistlist.org to see the full listing.

Universities:
The University Challenge remains a very close competition!
University of Washington is currently in first with $2245 from 33 donors...
But Indiana University is close behind at $2125 from 23 donors! Go IU!
Stanford University remains in third, with $1370 from 20 donors.

Subfields:
Syntax remains in the lead, now standing in first with $4290 in donations.
Computation Linguistics, is closing the gap, however, with $3140 in donations.
Sociolinguistics brings up the third with $2450.
(Additionally, Phonology has passed up semantics again with $1874!)

Regions:
North America currently stands in first with 249 donors.
Europe comes up behind with 116 donors.
Asia comes in third with 22 donors.

Countries:
The US is coming in first still, with 228 donors. Can anyone catch up?
Germany remains in second with a total of 32 donors
And Canada comes in third with 21 donors.

Don't forget those countries represented by 1 donor: Trinidad and Tobago,
Finland, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Iceland, South Korea, Kazakhstan,
Ukraine, Chile, Macau, New Zealand, and Poland!

Thanks for participating, everyone! We've just passed up 58% of our Fund Drive
goal. Thanks for supporting the mission we serve here at LL--the global
linguistics community!

--The LL team

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: