29.1793, Confs: Computational Linguistics, Lexicography/Slovenia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 25 21:10:05 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1793. Wed Apr 25 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1793, Confs: Computational Linguistics, Lexicography/Slovenia

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 17:09:34
From: John McCrae [john at mccr.ae]
Subject: Wordnets as Lexicographical Resources

Wordnets as Lexicographical Resources
Short Title: wnlex

Date: 16-Jul-2018 - 16-Jul-2018
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Contact: David Lindemann John P. McCrae
Contact Email: john at mccr.ae
Meeting URL: https://wnlex2018.sciencesconf.org/

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Lexicography

Meeting Description:

In co-location with the 19th Euralex International Congress, we are pleased to
announce a workshop on the topic of “Wordnets as Lexicographic Resources”.
This will consist of a series of talks and open discussion related to the use
of Princeton WordNet and wordnets developed for other languages as resources
for lexicography. All are welcome to attend and registration is free. The
workshop will take place on 16 July in Ljubljana.

Overview:

>From dictionaries to wordnets: The relation between mostly concept-based
lexical-semantic networks (wordnets) and lemma-based lexical resources
(dictionaries) has been explored so far mainly for wordnet-building purposes,
and such projects and related issues are well documented.

>From wordnets to dictionaries: Wordnets have become a de facto standard for
the drafting of dictionary content. Experiences resulting from using wordnets
as a data source for lexicography and issues related to them have just started
to be systematically discussed.

We will define the state of the art in the discussed topics, provide a survey
of solved and unsolved issues, and an outlook on future work regarding wordnet
as a resource in lexicographical workflows. The target group for this workshop
is lexicographers.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: