29.1802, Qs: This Year's Unmissable Survey about Conferences!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 27 14:21:31 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1802. Fri Apr 27 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1802, Qs: This Year's Unmissable Survey about Conferences!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:20:57
From: Dave Sayers [dave.sayers at cantab.net]

Put down your marking! Cancel your meetings! If you're still teaching, dismiss
the class! Something much more important is here: that's right, it's this
years conferences survey - courtesy of the dedicated team at the
Sociolinguistic Events Calendar! (https://www.baal.org.uk/resources/slxevents)

Our first survey in 2015 was on general conference preferences:
https://www.academia.edu/14266444/. Our second survey focused in on electronic
gadgets and gizmos at conferences: https://www.academia.edu/26782739/.

This year we're taking on another specific topic: childcare! HEY NON-PARENTS
DON'T LEAVE! This is relevant to you too!

Everyone head along and punch in your numbers:
https://go.shu.ac.uk/ChildcareConfs.

When the responses tail off I'll write it all up into a report like I did with
the others, all at absolutely no cost to you! Satisfaction guaranteed or your
money back!

And of course, make sure to subscribe to the Sociolinguistic Events Calendar,
and why not also set it as your browser homepage:
https://www.baal.org.uk/resources/slxevents. Then sneak on to your colleagues'
computers and do it for them too. They'll totally thank you for it.

Dave (on behalf of the SEC team)

Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk
Honorary Research Fellow, Cardiff University & WISERD | www.wiserd.ac.uk
Communications Secretary, BAAL Language Policy group | www.langpol.ac.uk
dave.sayers at cantab.net | http://shu.academia.edu/DaveSayers