29.3065, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Semantics: Programmer, Kauz Linguistic Technologies

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 1 15:05:06 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3065. Wed Aug 01 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3065, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Semantics: Programmer, Kauz Linguistic Technologies

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 11:04:42
From: Marina Lukin [marina.lukin at kauz.net]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Semantics: Programmer, Kauz Linguistic Technologies, Germany

University or Organization: Kauz Linguistic Technologies
Job Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Web Address: https://kauz.net
Job Title: Lead Developer for Semantic Parsing
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Parsing

We are a startup from Düsseldorf and an emerging leader in language-based AI.
Our product focus is on "Chatbots that understand". Our long-term goal is to
develop digital agents with very broad and almost human-like communication
capabilities. Because of our strong focus on NLU, we are looking to expand our
team with the addition of a lead developer for semantic parsing.

You are the ideal candidate if you fulfill the following requirements:
- You have finished your Master's degree or a Ph.D. in linguistics,
computational linguistics or a similar subject
- You have worked with different parse techniques, ontologies and frame based
analysis
- You have a deep understanding in linguistic theory, especially in the area
of semantics
- You have used different methods to handle morphology, autocorrection and
named entity recognition
- You have a reasonably good command of an object-oriented programming
language, preferably Java (having worked with the NLTK is not enough)
- You are eager to apply your knowledge and ideas to real-world challenges, in
a comprehensive way
- Your German is at least at the B2-level

We are a team of highly motivated linguists, computational linguists, and
computer scientists. We value team-work and the ability to move things forward
and provide fresh solutions. Agile project management, close cooperation with
colleagues, and flexible time-planning are characteristics of our working
environment. An employee participation program underlines our orientation
towards results achieved together.

If this sounds good to you, don't hesitate to send your CV to the application
email address below.

Email Address for Applications: jobs at kauz.net
Contact Information:
	Marina Lukin