29.3225, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Sweden

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 20 18:53:44 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3225. Mon Aug 20 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3225, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Sweden

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 14:52:43
From: Päivi Juvonen [paivi.juvonen at lnu.se]
Subject: 3rd Swedish Translanguaging Conference

Full Title: 3rd Swedish Translanguaging Conference
Short Title: TL2019

Date: 11-Apr-2019 - 12-Apr-2019
Location: VÄXJÖ, Sweden
Contact Person: Päivi Juvonen
Meeting Email: paivi.juvonen at lnu.se
Web Site: https://lnu.se/en/research/conferences/3rd-translanguaging-conference/

Call Deadline: 30-Sep-2018

Meeting Description:

The 3rd Swedish conference on Translanguaging, TL2019, takes place at Linnæus
University, Växjö, on 11-12 April, 2019. The conference provides a venue for
research on translanguaging in local as well as international contexts. Within
the general themes of migration and globalization, the conference focuses on
linguistic diversity in schools and in society, multilingual literacy
development, and learning through the use of multilingual repertoires.

The conference theme – Translanguaging in the Individual, at School and in
Society – invites research on translanguaging in individuals, in different
educational contexts and in society at large.

The conference welcomes researchers, post-graduate students, teacher
educators, teachers and as well anyone with an interest in multilingualism in
diverse contexts.

Keynote speakers:

Jim Cummins, University of Toronto, Canada
Nancy Hornberger, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Francis M. Hult, Lund University, Sweden
Anne Pitkänen-Huhta, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Gudrun Svensson, Univ Linnæus University, Sweden

Call for Papers:

Translanguaging in the Individual, at School and in Society
April 11-12, 2019

The official conference languages are Swedish and English, and we welcome
submissions in these languages as well as in Danish and Norwegian. We welcome
suggestions both for colloquia and for paper presentations. Please submit
either a proposal for a colloquium of 600-900 words or a 300-word abstract
(including references) for a paper presentation by 30 September, 2018.
Colloquium proposals should contain both a short description of the focus of
the colloquium and the 3-4 abstracts that make up the content.

Abstracts should be submitted via the submission URL available on the
conference website:
https://lnu.se/en/research/conferences/3rd-translanguaging-conference/ .

Submissions will undergo a double blind peer-review process. Notifications of
acceptance will be sent out no later than 15 December 2018.

We aim to publish a conference volume of selected papers in a peer-reviewed
publication (further information will be available soon).

We look forward to welcoming you to the 3rd Swedish Conference on
Translanguaging in Växjö, Sweden!

Organizing Committee: Päivi Juvonen (chair), Marie Källkvist, Gudrun Svensson
and Ann-Christin Torpsten.

Contact: TL2019 at lnu.se
More information:
https://lnu.se/en/research/conferences/3rd-translanguaging-conference/