29.3334, FYI: TeachLing annual recruitment drive!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 30 04:47:53 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3334. Thu Aug 30 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3334, FYI:  TeachLing annual recruitment drive!

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 00:41:44
From: Dave Sayers [dave.sayers at cantab.net]
Subject: TeachLing annual recruitment drive!

Hello one and all...

It's that time of year again: the annual recruitment drive for TeachLing, the
world's biggest online community for university linguistics teaching! As the
serendipity and adventure of conference season winds down, as people change
jobs (or finally get jobs), as the ivory tower ushers us back and the lecture
halls beckon us into their warm embrace, now is the time to join our online
community. We currently have 793 members from all over the world, and regular
useful discussions about a delightful diversity of pedagogical topics and
subdisciplinary areas! What's not to like??

As if all this wasn't exciting enough, this year I thought I'd remind everyone
of a resource I put together in 2014, and kept updating regularly since. It's
a full list of all the linguistics-related strips from my favourite web comic,
XKCD: https://is.gd/p5uFOJ. Useful in bringing presentations to life! For
other comics related to linguistics, there's also this page by Hal Schiffman
(U Penn): http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/clpp/images/cartoons/cartoons.html.
(Discussions on TeachLing are usually more academically robust, honest.)

ANYWAY... down to business: joining TeachLing! Please do join our little
community by adding your email address here: https://goo.gl/34wVVk. (People on
mobile toys will need to tap the little pencil icon in the top right, then
install the Google Docs app if it isn't already installed.)

Feel free to forward this message far and wide, and please share the tweet
announcement too! https://twitter.com/DaveJSayers/status/1032938278234869761.

See you on TeachLing :)

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Language & Communication Studies, University of

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: