29.3350, Calls: Anthropological Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Philosophy of Language/Denmark

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 31 03:40:44 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3350. Thu Aug 30 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3350, Calls: Anthropological Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Philosophy of Language/Denmark

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 23:39:33
From: Simon Borchmann [sub at ruc.dk]
Subject: Questioning Questions

Full Title: Questioning Questions

Date: 15-Nov-2018 - 15-Nov-2018
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Contact Person: Simon Borchmann
Meeting Email: sub at ruc.dk

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Philosophy of Language

Call Deadline: 01-Oct-2018

Meeting Description:

Questions pervade our daily lives, in conversation, service exchanges,
institutional activity and learning and cultural encounters of any kind.
Still, language sciences struggle to capture the complexities of what
questions are, and what we do with them.

This one-day symposium, hosted by the Language, Culture and Cognition research
group at Roskilde University, aims to bring together scholars from various
language disciplines with a common interest in furthering our understanding of
questions.

We welcome presentations from all areas of language studies addressing
empirical, descriptive, theoretical or foundational aspects of questions and
their uses.

Keynote Speakers:
Professor Tanya Stivers, University of California
Professor Dawn Archer, Manchester Metropolitan University

Call for Papers:

We welcome presentations from all areas of language studies addressing
empirical, descriptive, theoretical or foundational aspects of questions and
their uses.

Questions and abstracts:

Send us your abstract (of up to 250 words) by October 1 2018.

If you have questions or would like to submit an abstract, please contact the
organizers:

Sune Sønderberg Mortensen (sunes at ruc.dk)
Simon Borchmann (sub at ruc.dk)
Louise Tranekjær (louiset at ruc.dk)

Programme and details of the symposium will follow.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: