29.3356, Qs: Seeking help for Data Collection

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 31 05:30:03 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3356. Fri Aug 31 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3356, Qs: Seeking help for Data Collection

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 01:29:27
From: Saqib Aziz [sa17359 at essex.ac.uk]
Subject: Seeking help for Data Collection

Dear Linguists,

I wonder if you can help me. I am a PhD student in Applied Linguistics at the
University of Essex, comparing the use of lexical bundles in academic writing
in native/non-native students and expert writers.

I am currently collecting a corpus of Masters dissertations in any area of
Linguistics/Applied Linguistics from native speakers of English. If you are a
native student who has passed masters degree in Linguistics/Applied
Linguistics/TEFL or if you are a faculty member having past or current
students who have completed such an MA dissertation, could you please ask them
to contact me at sa17359 at essex.ac.uk, if they are willing to participate in my
study? All data will be treated anonymously and confidentially.

Many thanks for your help,
Saqib

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: